Audi 5

MOTORSPORTS EDITOR MAC MORRISON: I have an extremely difficult time pointing to another new car that I like as much as the Audi 5 lineup. The S5 is spectacular, and its little brother here is no joke, either. Cutting-edge style, one of the best interiors and driving positions available, solid and high-quality controls, quattro awd--a top-to-bottom winner in my book. The 3.2-liter V6 is not overwhelming, but it makes the A5 quick enough for almost any scenario short of a track day outing.

Clutch, brakes, shifter and steering are all top-notch, though the speed-sensitive steering leans toward the light side, at times feeling over assisted. Just about my only gripe. I have a suspicion this car will understeer a bit much on a track, but the balance allows for plenty of public-road-fun.


Read more...

0 comments: